We’re looking to add an experienced copywriter – an authentic brand storyteller – to our team. Someone who will be excited to be a part of a growing boutique agency that is best known for its thoughtful and intentional creative work. When it comes to branding, we believe words matter, story matters, voice matters. If that sounds like you, read on.
- Develop thoughtful, creative, strategic, targeted, and well-written content for our clients’ key messages, advertising campaigns, websites, blogs, social media platforms, and marketing collateral.
- Listen well. Be willing to invest time, attention, and market research to understand W+W clients inside and out so you can tell their important stories in the most authentic, creative, and compelling ways – and to the right people.
- Write not only for our clients but for Warp + Weft itself. We are often so busy serving the needs of our clients that we can’t keep up with our own content development. You will have the opportunity to build the W+W blog, email marketing campaigns, website, and client case studies.
- Social media strategy and content creation for W+W and many of our clients. You’ll need to be able to quickly search out and create engaging, tightly written posts that are done in each client’s voice.
- Grow loyal followers for our clients and drive website traffic through effective content marketing initiatives.
Must have skills:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Total grammar geek – meticulous attention to detail, sharp editing and proof reading skills
- Able to write clear, concise copy without spelling, grammar, or other errors
- Understand the “less is often more concept” – able to say a lot with only a few, strategic words
- Comfortable and completely adept at writing across a variety of marketing platforms – social media, web, print, advertising, email
- Completely comfortable in the digital space
- Well versed in writing for SEO
- A great listener and a great asker of questions. The right candidate will need to know what questions to ask of a client in order to capture the essence of that company’s brand story.
- A keen understanding of brand journalism and the critical importance of content marketing
- Curiosity and a deep desire to want to fully understand client needs
- Willingness to work as part of a team and independently in a creative environment that is detail-oriented, fast-paced and often faced with tight deadlines
- An innate sense of urgency that motivates you to lead projects to fruition
- Confidence, passion and belief in what you do and recommend
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- A sense of humor
- A passion for the written word
Think about this role. It’s pretty cool. We’re a 10-year-old boutique agency that is growing. There is great opportunity to help grow our company story. Your participation will have tremendous meaning and a huge impact on both our company and our clients.
Who are our clients?
Our site will give you a brief look. We are fortunate to have a variety of clients across a number of industries. We really like our clients and think every one of them has an important story to tell. That is important to us.
As you consider applying, please keep in mind that we are a very busy company, and we have a small team of 6 people. We all roll up our sleeves and work together to deliver superior solutions for our clients. If you have that kind of energy and drive and would enjoy working with a small, but mighty team, you’re the writer for us.
- A BA (4-year college degree) and at least 3-years experience as a professional writer (copywriter, content writer, or equivalent) in an agency, as a freelancer, or as part of a marketing team within an organization
- An exceptionally firm grasp of the written word
- Experience managing various social media channels and platforms
- In addition to your resume, please submit writing samples of the following: brand messaging/key messaging, article/blog post, social media campaign/posts, print ad, and marketing collateral
Warp + Weft offers a flexible, hybrid work environment for all employees. Team members may work from home (work remotely) and/or work at our office in Auburn, Maine. We do come together in-person for team meetings and brainstorming sessions at our office in Auburn every Thursday. We meet with our clients both in person and via Zoom when/where appropriate. Consideration will be given to fully remote applicants, but preference will be given to candidates who are within a reasonable drive of the Warp + Weft office.
What Warp + Weft provides:
We offer competitive salaries based on experience and compensation packages that include employee health insurance premiums paid 100% by Warp + Weft, retirement plan and contribution matches, generous paid time off and paid holidays, and a flexible work schedule. If you think this is a position you can thrive in, enjoy and be passionate about, please reply with a cover letter, resume, work samples (as outlined above) and salary needs.
In accordance with the law, Warp + Weft has a policy of equal opportunities for all persons without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, marital status, age, and sexual orientation or Vietnam Era/Disabled Veteran status. Warp + Weft will not discriminate against the disabled applicant who may be capable of performing the essential requirements of the job with reasonable accommodation. In addition, Warp + Weft strives to create a work environment free from all forms of sexual harassment and intimidations so that employees may function effectively and without fear in an atmosphere conducive to good business operations.